Introduction to Stylistics
Module Title: Introduction to Stylistics
Module Code: ENG 122(FT)
No. of credits: 3
Aim: To introduce trainees to the stylistic analysis of texts.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this module, trainees should be able to
- Identify patterns of language use.
- Describe and analyze the characteristics of different genres.
- Comment on quality and meaning in a text.
- Use and effect of rhetorical devices in English
- Characteristics of different genres
- Use and effect of style in specific contexts
- Study of pragmatic features
- Analysis of the use and effect of language in different types of texts/genres
Teaching & Learning strategies: Lecture, brainstorming, discussion, group work, presentation.
Mode of Assessment
Continuous Assessment: 100 %